<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

The End of Summer

vacation, that is.

Today was the last day of Matthew's summer vacation. I wanted to do something fun and special, but we had the remnants of Frances hit us today and it POURED all day. So we stayed home all day. Tessa did go out for a walk with my FIL in the torrential downpour, which she loved. The girl loves her puddle jumping.

Matthew is excited about school starting and I am definitely excited about getting a break from two kids all day everyday. It was a tough summer, though in my typical fashion I'm remembering all the fun times and pushing out all the memories of how insane my children made me for the last two and a half months.

I am so not cut out for single parenthood, which is more or less what was in effect for the vast majority of the summer. We were in CA without Ross for five weeks, then we got back here and spent long days with Daddy at work 12+ hours. Hot, sweaty days too, at that! I just cannot get used to the humidity.

My head swirls with worry. How will Matthew handle the long school days (8:40 to 3:15. That's a big change from 8:35 to 11:50)? What can I pack in his lunch (for the kid who eats nothing but pizza and garlic bread, neither of which can be cold)? How will he handle the new kids in class, all of whom will be younger and probably much smaller than he? How will he BE this year, in general?

I've enjoyed the lazy mornings we've had, where we didn't need to be anywhere at any given time. The kids stayed in their jammies late every morning. I was able to leisurely sit around with them, then take my shower, then make my coffee, then lounge around with them some more. No more...

Plus it's still supposed to be raining hard tomorrow morning! What a hassle! The school is close by, but there's no parking around.

Sigh, my gigantic first grader...
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com