<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Walking Wounded

Look, here I am again. It looks like it took a national tragedy like yesterday's election to bring me back to my blog. I feel dazed (and not only because I got like three non-consecutive hours of sleep), with that feeling of being underwater or in a dream. That feeling you get when something inexplicably awful happens, like someone gets hit by a car right in front of you.

Or when somebody you love dies.

Like many of you like-minded folks (if anyone is actually reading this!), I am completely at a loss as to how this could have happened. I guess that was the real source of my optimism about the election, that I just couldn't believe that that many people REALLY BOUGHT all the bullshit this administration has been peddling. How could that be? These people who I see at the grocery store and at my children's schools. How could they be so fucking blind?

Oh, I know, that's so intolerant of me. Some people I actually like and admire and count as my friends are Bush supporters. But they certainly aren't my friends and certainly aren't admirable to me because they are Bush supporters, but in spite of that fact.

Certainly it's not the end of the world. There's no rioting in the streets, though I sure as hell feel like throwing some rocks. Life goes on. My kids don't even know what happened and I'll be working to make sure it stays like that.

But I feel like a huge chunk has been ripped out of my heart, that the country I live in would make the CHOICE to let hatred and stupidity reign.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com