<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Thursday, November 04, 2004

What I Got

Look at me, so chatty again. National tragedy just brings out the gab in me I guess.

But really, this is about coming out of the fog. After yesterday's entry, I was driving to pick up Tessa from nursery school and the DJ on the radio just came onto his shift. He said he was tired, and asked if we thought it was because a) he'd been hanging out late with [some chick from some band I didn't recognize], b) drinking brews with his buds, or c) watching Wolf Blitzer. He said it was, sadly, c. Sad, for so many reasons.

Then he started playing Sublime's "What I Got," one of my all time favorite songs and I suddenly I cranked it and started to feel more human again.

Love is, what I got.
I said, remember that.

Yes, indeed. We still have our love, in the midst of all this hate. We CAN make the world the best it can be for our children, despite the odds. It won't be ideal, it may not even be great, but it can be good, dammit.

The DJ obviously had a theme going, as he then launched into Modest Mouse and "Float On."

Even if things get heavy, we'll all float on.
All right, already, we'll all float on.

Things are heavy, like my heart, but here we go, my friends, those of you I love. We'll all float on, because love is, what we got.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com