<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Gotta Blog!

Hi, remember me? It's been awhile :). Apparently the only things that bring me back to my blog are post-election traumatic disorder and the weather.

Weather we have. It's the Blizzard of 2005, folks! There is a lot of snow outside, like more than a foot. Winds up to 50mph. Ross keeps saying "Still, it's nothing compared to last year" in reference to the huge snowstorm we had in MA in Dec. '03. That may well be, but it's still snowing, and the "secondary storm" will hit around midnight. I personally find it entertaining to see so much snow fall, as long as I don't have to be out in it.

See, this California girl has gotten jaded to brutish east coast weather. A couple of weeks ago, there was a bit of snow on the ground and some icy conditions. I didn't think twice about getting the kids up in the morning, feeding and dressing them, and piling them in the car to take Matthew to school at the usual time. The streets were strangely deserted and when we got to school, no one was there. Shit! I didn't even think to look if there was a delay in starting. I could have left Tessa in bed (and stayed in bed myself!). Matthew was happy to go home to play GameCube for a couple of hours, but he will never, ever fail to remind me to check for delays or closure in the morning.

I spent the day muttering about snow wimps. Here I was, with one New England winter under my belt, and I scoffed at these Yankees and their snow wimpiness. Me, who used to shiver and fear frostbite if nighttime temps dipped into the 50s. Now I walk around with my coat unzipped if it's 30 degrees.

But it's not the weather that brought me back here today. Talk of blogs on the August list made me go to mine, which I lasted updated back in November. I looked at the comments that had been left for that last entry, and was surprised beyond words to find a comment from someone named Stacy. She said she was from California too, and she missed my blog, and she wondered if I was all right.

Wow. I always sort of assumed that the only people reading my blog were Auggie moms and, occasionally, my friend Darryl (when he can put down his cocktail long enough to check in). But here was a person who was a total stranger to me, and she missed me and wondered if I was okay. That was a wonderful thing to see.

So I came back for you, Stacy, whoever you are. I hope you check back here to see this :).a
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com