<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Friday, April 08, 2005

Business Tripping

So Ross is gone tonight, away in Chicago for a conference. He'll be back tomorrow afternoon, so it's not a long stint of single parenthood for me. The kids were fine and it wasn't really that different from a normal evening at home (i.e., the usual amount of annoyance mixed with fun).

Ross called this afternoon to say he'd arrived safely and was settled in. He's staying at the "W" Hotel, not the hotel the conference is being held at, and he said it was nice, interestingly funky.

"You'd like it," he finished.

"Of course I'd like it," I snorted, "I'd like a Motel 6 at this point, if I could be by myself."

I used to go on business trips too. I used to go to conferences, and to meetings in other cities. I got to stay in nice hotels, where someone else made the bed and cleaned the bathroom. I got to eat in restaurants for every meal, often very very nice meals that someone else paid for. I went to fun bars with friends and drank much more than I usually do. I wasn't *responsible* for the well-being of small people.

It's been three years since I got to trip in that fashion, and damn I miss it.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com