<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Family Midget

That's what I'm going to be. I've said it for years, and now it's getting increasingly obvious that it's happening sooner rather than later.

Matthew had his annual checkup today and he's 72 pounds (90%ile) and 54 inches (95%ile). He's a little chubby for him right now, the result of a month in CA and all the snacks Grandma can buy. He did this last year too: gained 5 pounds in the month we were in CA, then lost 5 pounds by Christmas (and he grew an inch too!). But the height, that's not artificially augmented by Grandma's snacks. He's huge.

Tessa had her checkup last week and she was 39 pounds and 42 inches (75%ile for both). So, not as huge, but still pretty huge. And she still wants me to carry her all the time.

So how long before Matthew is taller than me? Certainly before junior high. Maybe within the next two years. He only has 8 more inches to go to reach my height. How long before he's as tall as my mom, who is 5 foot and shrinking, thanks to osteoporosis and years of working in the fields?

Someday there'll be this family portrait of my family, and there'll be little Mommy. Me.

Weird.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com