<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Friday, December 02, 2005

On Blogs and Blogging

I've started to read some of my friends' blogs again (periodically Mozilla decides to trash all my bookmarks and I don't go back for awhile) and it has made me think about blogs.

I wish I was a more avid blogger. I went into this posting several times a week, and now it's not unusual for me to go weeks without a post. I skipped the whole summer practically (well, I was in CA with no internet access for five weeks!). When I started Le Show de la Po, I was working full time, in a job in which I was the only person in my entire building wing for *much* of the time, so I had a lot of personal time.

Then I went back to the full time SAHM gig, and time melted away. So did many of my friends who were reading, as is perfectly understandable. (Not that I think that many people were reading to begin with, mostly a few August List friends. And that was absolutely fine with me. I never had any aspirations of being the type of blog that tons of people read.) Mostly I just wanted a place to blow off a little creative writing steam every now and again.

That steam has been sadly lacking. But then, I think, many many people don't find it necessary to create artistic tomes every time they blog. They just share what's going down with them during the day, the night, the weekend. So what's my problem?

I think a big part of it is that for some reason I *do* feel like if I'm going to blog, it should be on a noteworthy topic. And though I'm as much in need as many of the kind of cathartic emotional sharing that a lot of bloggers produce (AKA spewing your personal shit so ya feel better), so much of what has driven me insane is still classified under Not for Public Consumption, so I'm stymied there.

So what, I talk about the kids, I talk about the weather. And I occasionally rant. But it feels lacking, and so I don't do it often.

But I'm going to attempt a lil attitude adjustment with myself, and try to remind myself that this blog is not for the ages. It's for me :).
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com