<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Happy Happy...

New Year. We're back and I'm wayyyyyy tired. We got back on Tuesday night at 10PM, unpacked and cleared up (not my first choice, but Ross goes on a rampage in these situations). Matthew was up till after midnight (that's only 9 PST), so I was seriously fearful for what would happen in the morning (since wake up time, 7AM, is 4AM PST). Ross and I got to sleep around 1:30.

It wasn't too bad a morning, as both kids went to school relatively easily. Then I spent the day running around, to TJ's and Costco, and did loads of laundry, in a jet lagged haze kept going through five shots of espresso. The kids seemed okay despite their lack of sleep and Tessa even opted to go to ballet after school.

Today was more running about, but I think we've settled in okay to being back.

Thoughts on the trip:

The first days were sooooo lovely and warm. I spent the first two days sweating, as I was still in long sleeves and warm pants (couldn't adjust to the concept of what temps in the 70s felt like and what was appropriate attire). I had to run out and buy a shirt on Xmas eve, as the thick, long sleeved black shirt I had brought along was just not going to work with a temperature of 80 degrees. The last couple of days were a disappointing, rainy time with temps "only" in the low 60s. But damn, it really brings home how much better the weather is in SoCal than here. Forget seasons, I want to be warm.

I love my family and friends so very much.

This was the first time in I don't know how long that Ross was around me and the kids a lot for 12 days straight. More than two years, certainly. We left the kids with my mom on several occasions and went out shopping, just the two of us, and it was wonderful. I really do have a fun and funny husband, when he's not gone 13 hours a day and stressed to the gills.

I hate Tamagotchi. I wish they would just die and not come back, so they would stop beeping. Or at least I wish they had an on/off switch.

2005 was a very hard year, and this was a wonderful way to let some of that hardness filter away.

I really really wish they would build some Coffee Bean and Tea Leafs around here. I couldn't get enough Vanilla Ice Blendeds, and having the mix at home just isn't the same.

I have hope in my heart that 2006 will be a good year, and that changes for the better are just around the corner for us.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com