<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Friday, March 10, 2006

Vehicular Woes

OMG, I don't know if you read here anymore Ambre, but you were RIGHT, all those many years ago. I should not have bought this damn Volkswagen.

I have loved this car, heaped love upon it, loved how it drove. And it really wasn't that much trouble, didn't end up in the shop all the time, didn't have a bunch of stuff go wrong with it, didn't feel at all unreliable.

Till recently (now that it's finally paid off). I took it in for its check up in Jan. and ended up needing almost $1900 in repairs.

Yesterday the oil pressure light started coming on (actually screaming "STOP MOTOR Oil pressure STOP" at me on the dashboard screen) and I couldn't get the hood open to check the oil. Three more times during the day, just driving the kids to and from school, that scary, dire command appeared on the dash screen. And the latch that releases the hood would not budge. Ross came home and by flashlight light tried to get it open, and the little plastic piece of shit latch came off in his hand. Well, so much for that.

I took the car in today after taking Tessa to her pre-op appointment. Of course the dealership repair shop guy had no idea how long it would take, or pretty much anything about anything. I walked about two miles to the train station with Tessa in the stroller and caught a $25 cab ride home.

Now I wish I had some nice reliable Japanese car, that didn't let me down this week of all weeks. I'm already stressed about Tessa's surgery on Tuesday (yes, ear tubes and adenoidectomy are very minor, very routine, but this is my baby :( ). And I'm still REELING from the worst case of PMS I've ever had in my life, with anxiety attacks that threatened to level me. My heart is pounding just thinking how bad the beginning of this week felt.

Life in general is feeling very shaky to me now. I hate that I'm having to worry about a hunk of machinery as well, a machine that I depend on to get through practically every part of the day (Tessa has to skip Pre-K today since I can't drive her there). I don't need this!
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com