<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Hype

So I was, obviously, all stressed out two days ago. I was hyped about the following day, stressed to the gills (if I was a fish...where the hell does that expression comes from?).

Tessa had a playdate at 10, school at 12:10, I had a gynecological exam (I can't call it my annual exam since it's been three years :p) at 12:30, and had to be back at school for the school birthday party (armed with 20 cupcakes, punch, goody bags, hats, blowers, SpongeBob plates, napkins, and cups) at 1:45. I had this plan of attack, to frost the cupcakes after dropping Matthew off at school, put them in an ice chest with the punch, go to the playdate, drop Tessa off at school, go to the appointment (which was supposed to take over an hour), then rush to school. It was supposed to be over 80 degrees, so ice in the ice chest was imperative, so we'd have to stop for ice. I was completely beside myself with anxiety about the very small windows of time between all these events.

Then in the morning I realized (DUH!) that I could leave Tessa at the playdate just before she had to go to school, go back home and pick up all the party stuff, bring it all into school and leave it there, and just bring myself at party time. This all worked out fine, Tessa had a great time at the playdate and I had a great time talking to the other moms, I was at my appointment early enough to fill out forms before the appointment, the appointment itself went about as well as a gynecological exam can go, and I was back at school with minutes to spare. The kids LOVED the cupcakes, Tessa's teacher was thrilled and appreciative that I had sent extra cupcakes, hats, and blowers because they had three extra students in class that day, the kids were so cute and fun and were so happy with their goody bags.

So what the hell is my problem? Why do I buy into my own hype, that things are going to be SO BAD, everything is going to be SUCH A DISASTER, that the worst case scenario is not only possible, not only probable, but inevitable?

My life would so much better if I could stop doing this.

[As an aside, at my gynecological exam I was given a real compliment about my vaginal muscle tone :D. At the end of the internal the midwife (yes, all done by a nurse midwife who was SO cool!) asked me to push against her fingers. I did and her eyes widened and she went "Woah! You get an A+ for that! And we don't say that very often!" LOL!!! I said, "I do Kegels." She replied, "We're always telling people they really should be doing that more, so that's great!" Not everyday someone gives your fancy an A+!]
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com