<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Monday, June 26, 2006

My Boy Turns 40

Obviously not my little boy (who is going to be NINE), but my big boy. Ross is 40 years old today (6/26/66, not quite The Omen, but still lots of sixes).

I was there when he turned 20, I was there when he turned 30, and I'm here as he's turned 40. I hope to be around for all the other decade milestones as well, and I hope there are many.

He's such a kind, good person. How did he spend his 40th birthday? We were going to go away for a few days, so he took off today and tomorrow, but the weather has been so dismal we put our trip off (just as well since Matthew was running a 103 fever and his eye swelled almost shut yesterday!). So today he was free, and he offered his help to a friend who was moving. He spent half of his birthday hauling boxes in the rain. Now that's a nice guy :).

He's so smart, so witty, so fun. He's such a great dad, and such a great husband, and such a great friend. Even if he is a 40 year old geezer.

Man, I'm glad I'm not 40 (for another 6 days :D).
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com