<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Wasn't St. Valentine martyred through considerable torture? Some really bloody stuff? Wasn't there a horror movie in the 80s called My Bloody Valentine?

I'm rambling, yes. I'm tired. There's an ice storm outside and I have two sick children. We've been riding the rollercoaster of high fever/malaise and Advil/Tylenol/brief recovery for four days now. Between two kids and coughing and Tessa huddling and pushing me practically off the bed for two nights, and getting up to dispense water and fever reducers, I haven't gotten a lot of sleep lately.

So with the ice storm and school being closed and the kids being so sick, it's not going to be much of a Valentine's Day. I'll have no chance to go out and get myself and Ross something nice for dinner, and I don't think we'll be drinking the lovely bottle of champagne I got last week. Romance is a bit curtailed when sick children may be waking and needing something at any moment.

That's okay. We'll take a raincheck. And though I got Ross a box of chocolates and the new Beck CD, I think my real present to him was getting up at 6:20 (when school was cancelled and I didn't have to get up) and walking out into an ice storm so I could drive him to the train station. That's what you do for your valentine, and I was glad to do it.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com