<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Other People's Blogs

I'm sitting here at the computer, at 11AM, having accomplished nothing this morning. Oh, I did get the kids ready and off to school. I took a shower. I made and drank coffee. I heated and ate one Divine Beyond Description almond croissant (an aside: I love my husband so very much. He showed up at the train station last night holding a shopping bag, with a bakery box in it. "Happy Valentine's Day," he said. I thought it was a cheesecake he picked up at Grand Central. No!, it was a box of half a dozen of the most wonderful pastries known to humankind, the almond croissant from Claude's on 4th St. Ross had to go to a talk at NYU, so he stomped over to Claude's to get me one of my three favorite foods in the world. I was so touched, and thought, wow, when was the last time I was so surprised? At this age, how many truly *happy* surprises do you get anymore?)

Anyway, yay me. I'm procrastinating. I worked like a maniac cataloging my eBay inventory yesterday, including Tessa's used spring and summer stuff, prepping for my final weeks of selling. I don't want to do it anymore (prep, that is, though I also don't want to be selling on eBay anymore, which is why I'm preparing to sell off the rest of my inventory).

So I did something I never do, which is click on the blog link for someone who posted a comment to the blog of one of my friends. I only read 2 blogs on a regular basis, and as you can see I don't post to my own all that often. I never ever ever surf other people's blogs. But today I did.

And I was struck by how clever and funny some people are. This woman was just really funny, and her writing style really appealed to me. She wasn't posting about anything earth-shattering, and she talked about the banality of her topics (which is part of what was funny), but it was just so well-written and so good.

How many millions of blogs are out there, written by people who are smart and funny and whose writing I would enjoy? It's a rhetorical question, of course. I need to get off my ass and start packaging up my eBay sales from yesterday and this morning, so I don't have time to endlessly seek out amusing bloggers.

But I'm reminded that there are a lot of gems out there (in addition to a lot of crap), in other people's blogs.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com