<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Monday, February 19, 2007

Stay at Home Mom

In the most literal sense.

We have been more or less housebound for nine days now. Tessa first got sick on Saturday, the 10th. I went out briefly the following day, but then we were all home, all day, on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. On Friday I took them to the doctor to make sure they didn't have any type of infection (since if I hadn't, it would have been certain that one or both of them would have developed some dire condition over the long weekend). Then we went home again.

On Saturday, Ross was home so I got to go out shopping, feeling like a prisoner released on furlough. It was lovely, but soon enough I had to return. Yesterday, Sunday, we went out to ToyRUs so the kids could buy something with their giftcard my mother sent for Valentine's Day. Tessa was so tired by the time we left that she didn't even want to go out for lunch. I guess she's still recovering.

Today is President's Day, and the beginning of Midwinter Break, also known as February Break, also known as "Why the hell are they taking a week off from school now?" Ross went into work to do some things he can't get done when people are there, like look for job listings on the Bloomberg terminal they have.

I'm here, staying at home, being a mom.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com