<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Pictures of My Babies

We were doing a pre-Spring cleaning today, cleaning up a lot of crap out of the livingroom. Very good, very liberating to get rid of a bunch of junk and to clean the edges of the floor, etc.

Ross was in charge of going through boxes, and he got rid of dozens of boxes of academic books that are more or less out of date. Yay, Ro!

One of the boxes he found contained photo albums, from the dark ages before we went digital at the end of 2001. Oh my, so many pics of Matthew as a baby, toddler, and little boy. How wonderful to see hundreds of pictures of him, smiling so sweetly and naturally (as opposed to the forced, painful faux smiles he is unable to avoid these days). Pictures of him at each of his birthdays, at holidays, in his Halloween costumes, growing up with the other L.A. Auggies. They were all so little, and so beautiful!!

Tessa wanted to see pics of herself too, so I found her baby album. Oh my, she was so precious! I still can't believe she had blue/green/grey eyes. And those delicious jowls.

I tell myself I'm insane for wanting another baby, but THIS, this is why. Sure, it was so hard, harder than I could probably bear now, but oh, it was so wonderful too.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com