<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Monday, April 16, 2007

Rain Day????

Yeah, I know we had a lot of rain yesterday. The wet towels under the window in my diningroom attest to that. The basement's a mess, after having flooded repeatedly during the day.

But it never occurred to me that they would CLOSE SCHOOL today, because of rain we had yesterday! Today the tail end of the storm is still over us, but it's much less rainy, just on and off showers. I didn't see a single tree or power line down this morning when I drove Ross to the train station. He was going to walk, but I was up anyway because I woke up thinking I'd have to drive him. But he certainly could have walked fairly comfortably, since it really wasn't raining much.

I can't believe I woke up at 6, woke Tessa up at her usual 7:15, got the kids fed and made their lunches, when I could have stayed in bed! How fricking wimpy do you have to be, to close school for rain? (Yeah, in CA this much rain would have seemed like the end of the world, but I've hardened my weather sensibilities :)).
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com