<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Sunday, April 08, 2007

What Might Have Been

Today would have been my parents' 60th wedding anniversary.

One of the first things that ran through my head after my dad died was that they would never have a 50th anniversary. They were married 46 years. It would have been a nice party, with golden decorations, and my parents there with all their children and grandchildren and their first great-grandchild. I would have been pregnant with Matthew.

That was the other thing that ran through my head after my dad died, that he would never know my children. That's a damn shame, because he was a great Grandpa.

All these years, so much he's missed. And so much to come, that won't include him. That was one of the first things I said after my dad died, that it was so hard that abruptly, the memories stop. You remember the old memories vividly, and they are a comfort, but there are no new memories.

No Diamond Anniversary. I miss you, Dad.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com