<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Friday, June 15, 2007

Retail Therapy

It's pretty sad when the only thing that can REALLY cheer me up is spending $450 at Gymboree, which is what I did today. But hey, I had a 50% coupon, so it was really $900 worth of stuff!!

Since I stopped selling on ebay (even though I really haven't stopped, but I've stopped buying to resell), I've been buying so little there. I kept telling the saleswomen there, who were finding it very odd that I wasn't spending money left and right anymore (even though I was coming by to visit, and check out the new lines), that I was waiting for a better sale, and that was true.

So when I got my Gymboree Visa bill the other day, it was $54.40. I routinely run up a grand or two a month, so this was laughable. I showed the bill to Ross and he said, "I'd expect them to send ME a card, extending their condolences on the loss of my wife."

Ah, it felt good to be buying stuff again, even if it's gifts or for Tessa. Using children's clothing as a euphoric may not be the healthiest thing to do, but as I used to say about my selling on ebay, as an addiction, it beats the hell out of crack.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com