<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Friday, September 07, 2007

School Days

The first week of school is over! Luckily, it was only two days long, which is a nice way to ease back into the routine.

Yesterday went very well for both kids. Matthew said it went well, and it sounds like his teacher has done a lot to set up a good classroom environment. Matthew is sitting at the table closest to the door (nice, small, round tables, so no one is sitting RIGHT next to someone else), and there's only one other kid at his table (a sweet girl named Rachel, who was in his first grade class).

Tessa LOVED her class, said it was great. She was incredibly excited to go back again today. I saw her teacher at drop-off this morning and she said Tessa was so happy and smiley all day. Today Tessa told me that she's even set up plans for a playdate with the girl who sits next to her at her table (I did reiterate that I had to get a formal invitation from a parent first, and she said they were working it all out).

I talked to the school psychologist today and she said that she had talked to Matthew's teacher and he said that Matthew did very well yesterday. He was raising his hand, participating, talking to other kids, making better eye contact. That was great to hear.

And then at pick-up today and Matthew showed up in a huff. He said, "I'm mad about what happened today!" I asked what had happened and as usual he snapped, "I don't want to talk about it!" I told him, okay, we didn't have to talk about it now, but we would have to talk about it later. It's been a couple of hours and he still won't talk. I did get that it didn't happen at dismissal, but earlier in the day. There was no note in his planner. I didn't get an email. So I guess it wasn't too heinous.

But dang, it looks like he didn't even get through the first week, which was the second day, without incident. My stomach is hurting again.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com