<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Friday, November 23, 2007

Dang Chris

Sorry, that title is an inside joke between the Ro and me.

Greetings from our nation's capital. We are here for a holiday weekend vacation. I've always wanted to bring the kids here, to see all the Smithsonian museums and the mall and all the other sights.

Whew, what a day. We woke up at the crack of dawn, went Black Friday shopping (I bought a TON of Gymboree!!), then hopped in the car and drove 5 hours (including stops). We went straight to the Air and Space Museum (I have been waiting to take Matthew there basically all of his life), and the kids loved it. The National Museum of American History (my all time favorite) is closed for renovation, but they've set up a small collection of some of the most iconic items at the Air and Space. I almost had us skip it when I saw the line, but we went in and I was SO glad. They totally dug seeing Lincoln's top hat and Dorothy's ruby slippers and R2D2 and C3PO.

Another full day tomorrow!
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com