<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Thursday, November 01, 2007

NaBloPoMo

Just noticed that November is NaBloPoMo. I'm actually STOKED that I noticed, since now I can try and participate right from the beginning of the month. I think I jumped in around the middle of the first week last year. "NaBloPoMo" always kind of throws me off, since it looks a lot like my old AIM screen name: RoPoMo (me being the Po in the middle, between Ross and Matthew :)).

So get ready for 30 fun-filled days of me desperately trying to come up with something to write about! I've never had the kind of blog in which I talk about what I had for breakfast that day, but it might come to that.

Today I actually have something wonderful to write about. The title should be something After-School Special-ish, like "A New Friend." This is yet another example of how the blogsphere brings folks together, people that would otherwise never meet, but were truly meant to meet.

Remember my poor sad "Who will be my friend?" post awhile back? Amongst the lovely comments that people left was a surprising and very exciting one, as Tamar bravely and generously raised her cyber hand and volunteered to be my friend. I've admired Tamar from afar for quite a few years (in a perfectly non-stalkerish fashion, I swear!). We were on a special needs list together back in the days when Matthew had not yet been diagnosed officially, and Ross and I were struggling mightily with trying to get Matthew services at school in Davis. I also read her blogs, which were interesting and beautifully well-written and provided me with glimpses of L.A., which I already sorely missed. She was always so well-informed about special ed. issues, so helpful to anyone who needed advice (including me!). I had intended to ask her for guidance when we finally made it back to L.A. and needed to find the best possible school situation for Matthew.

And today I met her at a cute little restaurant on the upper westside, where we talked and talked and talked, past the point where the wait staff was shooting us dirty looks for sitting at our table for so long. To say we hit it off is an understatement. I don't think I can adequately convey how comfortable I felt and how much fun I had, without spouting some cliche like "I felt like I'd known her for years." Which I did :).

Thank you so much Tamar, for taking the initiative and becoming my friend. (And thanks TC, for being our match-maker, 'cause I know you'll mention it if I don't ;-).)
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com