<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Things in my Shopping Basket

So this is what I bought at Costco today:

*a Butterball turkey (16 pounds, the smallest I could find. I was just going to get a small turkey at Trader Joe's, but they were $1.69 a pound and the smallest was around 14 pounds and there was no way in HELL I was going to pay $22 for a turkey. What happened to grocery stores giving away turkeys? My mother was saying that her grocery store didn't give them away anymore, but was charging $4.00 for each turkey. Yet another reason that CA is better)

*a big ass pumpkin pie

*red grapes (I still can't believe that a 4 pound thing of grapes costs $2 more than the big ass pie! And no where is cheaper for grapes than Costco, which is why I go there every single week. Matthew goes through 8 pounds of grapes a week)

*poultry gravy mix (industrial size)

*a 2-pack of Liquid Plumber

I have never in my life gone to Costco and only purchased 5 items, even though I go every week. It felt strange.

I drive to Costco, the grocery store, Trader Joe's, and Target every single week (usually multiple times to the grocery store and TJ's in a week). Isn't that a waste of gasoline? Isn't it a slightly insane waste of my time? Why do I give in to the notion that I must go to *this* store for *these* items, rather than finding comparable items at one store?

I think it's because I feel like this is my job, shopping for all the stuff my family wants. I want to do it well. If I had a "real" job, I could channel that energy into doing it well, but for now, this is all I've got.

Plus I'm sort of a sap (okay, I'm TOTALLY a sap) and am way too willing to get *this brand of this* and *that brand of that*, which requires multiple stops. Again, I written it into my own job description, and feel unable to displease my supervisors.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com