<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Weird Dream

I'll share with you the incredibly vivid, warped dream I had last night:

I was sitting at the built-in desk area in our old UCLA Student Housing apartment on Sepulveda, and there was a HUGE ant on the desk. It was about five inches long, with a rough dark brown exoskeleton and highly articulated limbs. It looked vaguely like the bad guy grasshoppers in A Bug's Life, and its face was animated and angry. There were little, normal-sized ants coming out of its skin. I freaked out, captured it in a plastic grocery bag, and ran outside with it.

It started to struggle, and I tried to secure the bag more tightly. Then I whacked it against the concrete several times, till it was still. I didn't want to open the bag to see if it was dead or not; instead I dropped the bag on the ground and ran. I realized that I really shouldn't leave without knowing if I'd killed it, because someone else might find it and get attacked. But I ran anyway.

Then the dream changed, and I was at Disneyland with my family. We were going to split up, because Matthew wanted to go on Splash Mountain and Tessa didn't. Suddenly I realized that I was getting a text message on my phone. Actually there were hundreds of text messages on my phone. I scanned them quickly, and started to panic as I read messages like, "Did you know about telepathy?" and "Why???" I knew instantly that they were from the ant. There were also messages from people with whom the ant was in telepathic contact, who were incensed that I had tried to kill it. "How could you do this??" and "That was a seriously messed up thing to do!"

Then the dream changed again, and I met Jennifer Beals at a very fancy resort in a secluded cove. I knew that she was the ant's sister, but she didn't realize yet that I was the one who had harmed it. We were at a gathering with a bunch of people, and I could tell they were ALL in telepathic contact with the ant, but for some reason none of them knew I was the ant's assailant. I was terrified that they were going to find out, and what they'd do to me when they found out.

Then I woke up.

Yes, that was a seriously fucked up dream. Not as bizarre as the one I had several years ago, when I dreamt that I was sent to heaven to teach the angels how to have sex, but pretty weird nonetheless.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com