<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Saturday, January 05, 2008

And A Happy New Year

Hey, I'm back! We had a great trip to SoCal, despite the stomach flu from hell. Matthew did so well, and even had his very first sleepover with the cousins. He tried a million new foods, including chicken pot pie, BBQ chicken pizza, prime rib, brie and gouda, and several kinds of nuts. Unbelievable!

I'm here to share some Tessa-isms that occurred since we got home (super late on Wed. night).

1. Yesterday after school she sat down and drew and cut out a paper snowman. She said that later she would make a snowwoman, so that he could have a wife. Then she said she would make a snowdog, so that while the snowman was at work, his wife wouldn't be lonely. When I recounted this story, Ross asked her why the snowwoman couldn't have a job and go to work too, and she scoffed, "She NEEDS to stay and take care of the house. They are going to have snowchildren someday, you know!" Damn, I really need to go back to work.

2. Today, we were making a tie dye placemat, as part of the wonderful craft kit she received from our dear friends the Coconuts. While it was soaking, she made a sign that said "Watch the Tie Dye" and proceeded to walk around the house, telling us all that we could come watch the tie dye. Ross walked over to look at the bowl, and she showed him the place she had set up, for tips. She wanted him to leave some money, for the privilege of watching the tie dye.

3. Later this morning, she got all in a huff over something minor, sending her into one of her whining/wailing jags that make me want to rip off my ears and put them down the garbage disposal (if we had a garbage disposal). She really can't be cajoled or threatened out of these spells; she just has to work through it on her own. I was starting to lose it, though, so Ross suggested I take Matthew out to lunch. At best, it might bring her out of the funk and she would want to come along. At least, it would let me escape the sound of her whining.

When I told her that I was leaving to take Matthew out, she really got upset. Finally we came to the agreement that if I stayed with her (and Ross took Matthew out), she would stop whining. She continued to sit in the corner, and she took a piece of paper and started drawing. While I was sitting at my desk, she crawled over and slipped a folded piece of paper toward me. At the top it read "B.M.E." then "Best Mom Ever" with a round panda bear sticker in the "O" of Mom. There was a pink heart with a rose stamp. There was an outline of her hand, with

"I (heart) you
My love more valybolw (valuable) than"

and a picture of a treasure chest, with gold, pearls, diamonds, and rubies in it.

I think it's going to be a good year.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com