<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Monday, April 21, 2008

Built for School

It's wonderful, but I find myself shaking my head at my girl, who spent her first weekend of spring break working on her book report and diorama, due April 30. She carefully read through her book on kangaroos and wrote out the facts she learned on her worksheet. Then she dug into her diorama, cutting up her shoebox, drawing her background, cutting out her kangaroo shapes. The freaking thing is MULTIMEDIA, with both paper and playdoh kangaroos, and she conceived and created the entire thing on her own. The daddy kangaroo is literally jumping out of the box, attached to a paper tether. The mommy kangaroo is made of playdoh (with a wide kangaroo smile), with a pouch just perfect for the tiny paper kangaroo that can thus jump in and out.

All done in the first two days after she was given the assignment. With no help from me. When it's not due till April 30. And she was having a great time, repeatedly saying aloud, "This project is FUN!"

I mean, I was a total teacher's pet girl geek, and I never was this into a school assignment. It's wonderful, but I'm still shaking my head.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com