<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Saturday, April 05, 2008

This Week Has Sucked Ass

And not cute, sexy, slappable ass, but big, hairy, zit-encrusted ass.

Yes, I know I have so much for which to be thankful. My children are alive and relatively healthy and a joy. We have a roof over our heads. I'm drinking a very nice porter. But please indulge me a little ol' whine fest.

First there was Tessa's two day dental trauma. They were putting a metal torture device onto one of her molars (a metal cap, with a hook on it, which attached with rubber bands to a metal button glued to another molar, to try and move the tooth over so that the impacted adult molar underneath could come out). The poor girl (veteran of 11 fillings and 2 extractions, during which she was an incredible trooper) got totally hysterical. She cried and yelled and tried to jump out of the chair and run across the room. Then after they finally got it installed, she had lunch and the metal button fell out, so we had to go through the whole process again.

On Wednesday, after having spent the whole day walking around the Bronx Zoo with 80 first graders on Tessa's field trip, I sat in on an incredibly stressful therapy session with Matthew. He is just not responding to therapy at all, even though I think she understands him very well and is really committed to helping him.

On Friday, Matthew got suspended again.

And then tonight, my beloved UCLA Bruins lost their Final Four game. I had a fearful premonition that this sucky week would just keep on sucking and they would end the gorgeous run that it has been my privilege to witness. They not only lost, they got WORKED. It broke my heart to see those boys, my Ben Ball Warriors, get humiliated. I couldn't even watch the last 90 seconds of the game; I couldn't bear to see them sad.

I can't even think of a way to end this post, so I'll just end it.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com