<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Yes, Apparently I *Have* Given Up

So I come home sporting a sexy new haircut (to replace the massively overgrown wedge cut I had around the holidays, which was cute for about a week, but then grew out so badly it resembled an industrial accident), and what's the FIRST thing I do? That's right, stick two big granny hair pins into the front because I can't STAND it falling in my eyes. Sexy: OFF. Geek: ON.

Wow, when did I so stop caring about how I look? Yeah, I know, I was just at home, with no one to see me, but it extends to the wider world as well. My uniform these days is Lands' End comfy pants and long sleeved tee shirts. I mean, I never really got dolled up on a regular basis, but I used to try just a tad harder.

Ross has always teased me, when I wear sweatpants, by asking, "Have you completely given up?," in reference to the Seinfeld episode in which Jerry asks that question of George when he starts wearing sweatpants in public. My sweatpants are at least a tiny bit more fashionable, having no elastic around the ankles, but still. Apparently I am on the road to becoming one of those middle-aged women in elastic-waist stretch polyester pants, who like them because they're COMFORTABLE.

Anyway, here's the sexy haircut. Thank goodness the pic is a little overexposed, so you can't see all the sun damage spots on my face. That's right, kids, listen to Kurt Vonnegut and wear your sunscreen!

|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com