<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lighting the Fires

You would think this wouldn't come as a surprise to me anymore, after all we've been through, but it still does. It still surprises me how much bitching and hand-holding and nagging it takes to get people to do what they are supposed to do.

So our CSE meeting was 20 days ago. We were told it would take about a week to 10 days to get Matthew's IEP finalized, and then packets would be sent out to the schools we're considering for his placement next year.

May 9, I ask if his IEP has been finalized yet. Not yet.

May 14, I ask the school psychologist and find out his IEP has been finalized and that the packets will be put together for the schools.

May 19-20, I ask various people at the district office if the packets have been sent out, nobody knows, no response from the person who is in charge of sending them out.

May 21, I finally ask our school psychologist if she can find out if the packets have gone out. I've been trying not to bother her too much since she is SWAMPED with end of the year meetings, and I tried to get information from the district directly.

This morning, May 22, I get an email from her that the packets were sent out yesterday.

Coincidence? I don't think so :p.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com