<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Friday, May 02, 2008

She Shoots, She Scores!

Yay yay yay, we get our way! Madame Chairperson of the CSE totally caved and gave us Matthew's out of district referral.

I'm being totally facetious; she was very kind and thoughtful about everyone's concerns and she was just following the procedural guidelines that she has no choice but to follow. But it was a fairly grueling hour-plus as we sat there and everyone talked and I didn't know what was going to happen once we got to the recommendations phase.

I think our conversation on Tuesday really did show her that we wanted this transfer, and more importantly, I think she saw how compelling my arguments were. I think she realized that this was going to happen, either now or later, and I really think that she saw that it was the appropriate placement for Matthew. Maybe I'm still living in Happy Loony Land, but I still believe that these people are all truly acting in the best interests of my child to the best of their ability.

But if it sounds in my title to this post like I'm taking credit for this outcome, well, I am. :D His teachers were all great in their advocacy, his therapist was awesome in describing how much work has been done behaviorally and what she feels he needs now, and best of all, the school psych. was just amazing, just perfect in her report of all the work that she's done with him. Ross was great too, and really complemented my comments and observations. Plus he really needs to get his props for working his ass off so that I have the opportunity to spend all the hours advocating for Matthew that I do.

But this wouldn't have happened if I hadn't pushed, if I hadn't gone out and found the right program for him, if I hadn't found a way to counter every potential argument in a logical fashion. It's SO uncharacteristic of me to toot my own horn, to say that I deserve commendation (even when I feel I truly do :)).

But I did good on this one. Clutch shot, when it counted.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com