<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's Going Around

Apparently I'm not the only one losing my mind around here.

So yesterday I finally emailed the director of the county gifted special ed. program we're trying to get Matthew into, to nudge her a little into nudging the psychologist who was supposedly supposed to call us to set up an intake appointment.

She emailed me back in the afternoon, saying that she had just seen him, and he apologized for the delay, but he had been sick all last week. Then she said that she had heard that he had spoken to me yesterday and would be setting up the intake in a few days.

Normally I would go, for a split second, "DID I speak to him today???" since my personal sanity is always in question, but that didn't happen, because I am focussed on this and I KNEW that I had not.

So now I'm wondering who this guy talked to, the parent of another boy named Matthew? Or was he just out of it in general?

In related news, one of the private schools reviewed Matthew's file and determined that their program was not appropriate for him. That's fine, as I did think that that school was more geared toward lower-functioning kids. The other schools haven't reviewed his file yet. And some of those are more structured for kids with severe behavioral issues than kids with learning disabilities, schools that are attached to day treatment hospital programs. It's not that I'm necessarily saying that Matthew doesn't need a therapeutic program, but I really think that if he's in the right learning environment, it will go SO far toward dealing with his behavioral issues.

So I really hope Dr. Confused Psychologist calls us up soon.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com