<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Friday, June 27, 2008

Tessa at 7

My baby girl turned 7 years old today. I spent the minutes before her "birth time" reading her birth story, which I posted here two years ago on her birthday (after a lovely guardian angel found it for me! :)). She was born at 9:16AM, and she was ready to open her presents before that time, this morning.

A couple of days ago, she handed me a diagram of how she wanted her candles arranged on her cake. They were color coded, and there were two pictures, one of how the candles should be arranged if the cake was round or oval, and another picture that showed how they should be if the cake was square or rectangular. She blows me away.

She is the most remarkable child. Brilliant, self-assured, born to navigate the world. Her latest report card was filled with 4s (meaning above grade level), with all 4s for effort. She makes friends everywhere she goes, from toddlers to big kids. She still plays with imaginary friends, pantomiming elaborate dances and processions with them, devising intricate games for them to play. She still has her lovely, squeezable cheeks.

She is funny and fun and sweet and amazing. She can be a terror, too, but her heart is always golden. She tells me she loves me ("So, SO much! I love you so, SO much!") a million times a day. Her Mother's Day poem to me was entitled "Food Court:"

I get McDonald's
Mom gets Chinese
We get COOKIES!!
You're the best mom in the whole world.


I hope seven will be lucky for her. I'm more than lucky to have her.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com