<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's Time

It's time to say it's time. It's time to admit that yeah, though Matthew is doing better this summer, he's still in a very troubled state, that while I think he needs a school environment that's therapeutic as well as academically challenging, that doesn't seem to be forthcoming and making him stay unsettled past the start of the school year would do him more harm, that while he *might* be okay in a less therapeutic environment, he likely will not. I have to separate out what I want to be, from what is. I have to set aside what I wish would be and accept things for what they are.

After having to pull him out of swimming lessons this morning and having him totally melt down at my niece's house yesterday (thankfully my mother had gone to the store so she missed the full-on screaming and flailing that went on for a LONG time), I think it's time.

But time or not, I still keep crying at the thought of him going into day treatment, and I still don't know exactly why.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com