<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Friday, September 26, 2008

The Man in the Grey Flannel Suit

Ross got a new suit this week (well, he bought it last week, but got it back from being altered the other day). It's grey flannel, and OMG, he looks so good in it. I have a bit of a fetish for men in suits in general, and there is SOMETHING about grey flannel that really knocks my socks off.

His first "real" suit was grey flannel, purchased our senior year in college. It was from C&R Clothiers (if you lived in the Greater Los Angeles Metropolitan Area in the '70s and '80s, you remember their commercials!), which is pretty laughable now that he has a closetful of Brooks Brothers and Ben Sherman suits. I got so worked up the first time he put it on in our apartment that I totally jumped him.

I relayed that story to my (all male) co-workers years later, and as part of our Dymo Tape Wars (we started writing out rude, oblique messages on Dymo Tape labels and affixing them to each other's possessions), someone put a label on my desk that said, "Flannel Makes Paula Hot." Yeah, baby.

So now, even more years later, he once again has a grey flannel suit. It's in his closet with his 20-something, mostly European dress shirts, many of which have french cuffs, that are worn with dapper hammered-silver cuff links. I still can't reconcile his current wardrobe with the khaki cargo shorts and Birkenstocks he always used to wear, but I sure do like how he looks in his new suit.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com