<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What Stayed in Vegas

*I* stayed in Vegas, for an extended weekend, with my dear darling L.A. homegirls (minus one, unfortunately, though she was absent for the BEST of reasons, as she was in China to bring home her absolutely unbelievably INCREDIBLY ADORABLE baby girl, whom I FINALLY got to see on Skype during the Vegas trip. I apparently suck at Skype, and could never get it to work at home!).

We were there to celebrate the 40th birthday of the Divine Ms. D, only 360 days late :D. Nothing like extending your birthday party for an entire additional year! And what a party it was! I have not laughed and sang and TALKED (my throat is literally sore still from all the talking) that much in, well I don't know how long. I literally hit this period of time on Saturday night (and no, it was NOT after I had drank the yard of margarita) when I felt positively blissed out, from my head to my toes. It felt...like I guess people feel religion when the spirit takes them. I was just so fucking happy.

I've spent so much time feeling like a shadow of myself, all turned upside down and inside out till I don't know where the hell I am or who the hell I am. I've spent all my time being Matthew's mom, and Tessa's mom, and the person who pays the bills and does the laundry and waits for the cable guy. But this weekend I got to be *me*, the fun me, the giggling me, and who cares if I have somehow or another turned 42 overnight. A random guy on the street told me I was beautiful, and who cares if he was about 55 and gimpy?

Plus I lost less than $100, a minor miracle considering I was there from Thursday night to Sunday night, and I only play slots (though that total includes the $20 I bet and loss on the debacle loss that UCLA suffered on Saturday). That's practically a win in my book!

I wish I could have brought home the feeling I had, laughing and joking and singing with these wonderful parts of me, these friends that I miss in a visceral way, all the more when I realize afresh how much I love them. I still have the feeling, I guess, as a memory, but I wish somehow it hadn't all stayed in Vegas.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com