<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Landslide

When I picked up Tessa at school yesterday, she was sporting an "I Voted" sticker on her dress. She said they had had an election at school, so I asked her for whom she had voted.

"Barack Obama," she said, with something of a "Duh!" tone in her voice.

"That's my girl!," I said joyously.

"Barack Obama won by a LOT," she went on. Then being Tessa, she had the exact figures for me.

"John McCain had 84 votes, and Barack Obama had FOUR HUNDRED AND NINETEEN votes!" WOOHOO!!!!

Then she said, "They let me vote, even though I wasn't registered." Apparently they had registered voters last Thursday, when she was absent. This sort of cracked me up, my own daughter involved in voter fraud :D.

"Well, that is what they call a landslide," I told her, and then I explained the term. "Now let's hope that really happens."

I've been watching the news all morning, and yes, hope. I'm feeling it. Tessa and I will leave in a minute to go to the polls, wearing red, white, and blue. Mostly blue, as in states. We may not get a landslide, but I think we're going to get a win.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com