<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Buggy

How sad to find that I was not immune to the virus or whatever it was that Ross had last week. Is it flu? Does it matter? All I know is that I feel like crap nobody bothered to warm over.

Flu-like ick (since I'm not really sure it's really flu) is so much less straight-forward than a good old fashioned cold. Sneezing, coughing, stuff like that sucks, but is somehow more tangible than the vagueness of flu-like-edness. And vague really is the best way to describe it. I feel...not all here. At times, not very here at all. It's like someone removed my head and placed it elsewhere, and my body is still trying to figure out how to deal with the situation. Stoney, but without the fun. Plus lots of aches and pains and sweating and freezing and insomnia. Party on.

Plus I had to read a Jonathan Lethem book today, Amnesia Moon, which was good, but definitely not something to combat hallucinogenic states of mind.

Now I'm afraid to go to bed, since I hate just tossing and turning, plus Ross is still congested from his own sickness and has been snoring like a snorting bear for the last 3 nights, and it's too damn cold for me to come out and sleep on the couch. So here I sit with my tea and my spinning head and the vague feeling I wanted to say something.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com