<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Friday, February 06, 2009

Five Days a Week

I was holding my breath, wondering if it was really going to happen, but it did. Both of my children actually went to school a full five-day week, this week. This has not happened since LAST YEAR (as in, since the week of Dec. 15, 2008). There has been sickness; there have been snow days. I have made quick dashes to the grocery store while a sick child has stayed home alone (that is a real advantage over the toddler days!). I had to pick up Ross from his knee surgery while watching the clock (Tessa was really sick that day) and tell him that no, we could NOT stop at the pharmacy on the way home to pick up his vicodin.

But here was a week of normalcy, when everyone went to school and Ross went to work every day. The funny thing is that it doesn't FEEL normal anymore; it feels like an aberration. I keep stocking up on staples at the store, just in case (boy we have a lot of soup in the cupboard).

If they can go all five days next week, that'll really feel like a personal record.

Of course, then the week after that the kids are off for February Break :p.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com