<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Sunday, February 15, 2009

So Cutting Edge--Only Two Years Late

Yesterday was Valentine's Day, and Ross made waffles for us all. After breakfast, I got ready and went out to do some errands before Tessa's swimming lesson. As I was leaving, Ross asked me if I was going to the mall. I said I hadn't planned on it, but was there something he wanted me to pick up for him?

"Well," he said, "I never got a chance to get your present. I was going to get us iPhones." His cell phone has been dying a slow death, and the battery now needs to be charged three times a day, so we've been talking about what new phones to get for some time. He really thought I would like an iPhone, and I kept thinking I didn't really need one, so we've been going back and forth. I didn't think I needed a new phone at all, but we were going to have to sign up for a new contract anyway, so it seemed like I should get *something* new.

Anyway, I thought this was a very nice Valentine's Day present (though it was a present for him as well), but then I realized what he was asking and said, "So I'm supposed to go buy my own present?" I've picked out many of my own presents over the years, but this time he had chosen it, so it seemed weird to go buy it for myself. He agreed we could all go to the mall later in the afternoon, which is what we did.

So predictably, now that I actually have an iPhone, I love it and see how pretty soon I'm going to wonder how I ever lived without it. It's so cool.

The rest of Valentine's Day was nice too. Tessa put on a Valentine's celebration for us in the morning, with dancing, a game of musical chairs (she won, what a surprise!), and a scavenger hunt with clues to help us find our presents. My present was a coupon booklet with various things like "Wash the dishes," "Make all the beds," "Make salad," and "Massage." There were four "Massage" coupons. She said that she had thought of 7 things, then since there were 10 pages, she made the extras also "Massage." Then she pointed out that all the coupons were in alphabetical order, which they most certainly were.

I gave Ross the complete series box set of DVDs for the Duckman animated series, which we had absolutely loved. For 10 years now we've been mourning its demise, and wondering why no one had put out a DVD set. A couple of weeks ago, on a lark, I did a search on Amazon and found that there was indeed finally a DVD set, that Season 1 and 2 had come out last fall, and a full series set came out in Jan. Well, if there is a better gift for your Valentine (or mine, anyway), than a foul-mouthed duck detective spouting invective at everyone around him, I don't know what it is. Except an iPhone, maybe.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com