<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Erin Go Bragh

Tessa is working on handmade St. Patrick's Day cards for all her classmates and teacher. She wrote a poem called "Searching Shamrocks" that she wants to submit to the school newsletter. She took out a big book of St. Patrick's Day crafts from the library.

And we're not even Irish.

I feel like she's channeling the spirit of some overachieving 1950s housewife, designing handmade place cards for her picture-perfect dinner party and making decoupage light switch covers. I just wish she could drive herself to the craft store for poster paint and googly eyes. Apparently the pom poms I bought her today (her list specified "green and black pom poms mixed with a few other colors" and yes, she sent me with a shopping list) were inadequate, and I'm to get more tomorrow.

For St. Patrick's Day. What will she have planned for Easter? The mind boggles.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com