<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fair Warning

I shouldn't laugh about this, but it struck me as so funny:

Ross took the kids to Target this morning at 7:45, so they could be there at opening to buy Pokemon Platinum DS. Tessa went from getting out of bed to getting in the car in 16 minutes; getting her ready in the morning is normally a herculean task. Matthew was really snapping to it, too, practically flying through getting dressed, going to the bathroom, brushing his teeth, getting his shoes on. Motivation truly is a miraculous thing.

But what I found funny was later, when I was getting out of the shower. I heard Tessa wailing, and Matthew trying to help her with her game, but apparently she still lost a battle. I came into the living room and she was huddled on the floor, hysterically crying. There's not much you can do for her when she's in that state, so we left her alone for a few minutes. She then got up, blew her nose, then grabbed a piece of paper and wrote something on it. I asked if she wanted to sit on the couch with me, so she sat in my lap for awhile, watched TV, and snapped out of her funk.

Later I looked at the piece of paper she'd left on the floor by where she'd been crying, and it said: "Wet Floore." :D
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com