<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Friday, March 27, 2009

More Laughter at My Daughter's Expense

Today Tessa was making slides to look at under her microscope. She was using red food coloring as a staining agent, and I noticed it all over her hands and several tissues in her room. I asked her, "You didn't get any of that on your clothes, did you?" She assured me that she had not.

So of course later when I picked up her clothes as she got in the bath, I saw that she had gotten red spots on her Hanna Andersson pants (yes, I should have made her change since she was working with red food coloring, but I didn't even realize she was making slides till she was through). I was *pissed*, not just because of the stains but because she'd lied to me. She apologized profusely and cried, "I didn't want you to be mad!!!" She promised not to do it again, and I was a little cool toward her all evening.

As she was going to bed, she placed a plastic bag next to my computer. I just looked in it and there was a note and a tissue-wrapped bundle, closed with a green twisty-tie. Inside was a small pack of Red Hots, two pieces of bubble gum, a peppermint wheel, and two Tootsie Rolls.

The note read:

Dear Mom,

I'm sorry.
I love you.
Uhhhh...

From,
Tessa

Funniest apology note I've ever read! :D
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com