<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Friday, May 08, 2009

An Extended Stroll Down Memory Lane

As part of my mental prep for writing about our experiences with getting Matthew help over the years, I thought I'd skim through my blog, which I began in 2004. Of course, I ended up reading every entry (which didn't really take all that long, since there were lots of periods of time during which I didn't post much).

It was really fun, and often funny, and often poignant. Tessa was only two at the time. Matthew was doing so well at the end of his second round of kindergarten, interacting really well with other kids. I had a job (which sucked royally, but still, it was a job). I loved the house we lived in.

Then we moved, and I had all these high hopes for how things would continue to improve. Most of those didn't pan out, and though I think I might actually be in a better mental place right now than I was in 2004, there was a lot of darkness between then and now. While it's gratifying that we've come out of it, and Matthew is getting the help he needs, the chronicle of suffering is tough to read.

FIVE years. How could we have lived here for five years?
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com