<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I had a perfectly lovely Mother's Day today, with all kinds of sweet gifts and cards and lots of yummy food (a truly eclectic mix, as we walked from one spot to the next in the city: pho, pommes frites, pomegranate frozen yogurt, and my favorite almond croissant).

Matthew made me a really cute card (green construction paper) and painted a terra cotta pot for me (in green. Since green is my favorite color, every Mother's Day ends up looking like St. Patrick's Day around here :D). I'd gotten a call from the unit supervisor on Friday afternoon, that he'd been REALLY upset because the plant they put in my pot was not as Matthew wanted it to be. It was too droopy, too small, too funny-looking. They were trying to help him, but it was the very end of the day, so he decided he'd rather have not have any plant in it, so they yanked it out and cleaned out the dirt. He had to change the card he'd made me, which had said, "I hope you like the pot and the plant." He was able to erase "and the plant." I give him ENORMOUS props for this, because the former Matthew would have refused to give me the card at all, because it wasn't perfect, and would probably have thrown the pot on the ground and broken it. Instead, he got it together and was able to give them both to me :).

Ross got them each a card to give me, and got me exactly what I'd wanted: a flour sifter :). I'm also getting an iPhone docking clock radio, which will be $20 off at Costco starting tomorrow. Luckily they took back the one Ross got me last month (and on which Tessa wrote "Happy Mother's Day" on the top! I was able to get the writing off using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, though you could sort of see the pen indentations), which we realized was only for iPods.

Tessa made me cards and gifts from herself and her imaginary siblings. Yes, apparently I have acquired new children recently. Tessa told me about them awhile ago, and I had sort of forgotten because she hasn't talked about them since. But today I received aluminum flowers from Roy, and a flower picture from Ying-Yang (I'm serious). The gift tags indicated they were from "Roy, Tessa's imaginary twin brother" and "Ying-Yang, Tessa's imaginary sister"). Tessa herself made me a folded envelope card (green construction paper) and an origami doll that is supposed to be me (wearing a green dress and with a big heart on the front).

I could just melt from all the sweetness.

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mommies out there.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com