<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Facebook Killed The Po Show Blog
(sung to the tune of "Video Killed the Radio Star")

Honestly, this sucks.

I love my blog. I've been devoted to at least the notion of it, if not the actual physical act of posting on it. And I've let it wither on the vine like a poor shriveled tomato. Or strawberry, since I'm the Strawberry Princess.

Facebook is so easy. I can post what I'm doing or what I'm thinking about or what I'm hoping for in one or two minutes. The character count is limited, so I don't have to be particularly eloquent. The bottom line: very little thought is required to post a FB status. Much more thought is required to post to my blog. Though that doesn't necessarily have to be; I don't *have* to be terribly verbose or witty or word-crafty in my posts here. But for some reason, over the years I have sought to craft my posts at least somewhat, as it was often as much a creative outlet as just a retelling of something that happened to me or something that I was thinking.

And frankly, I've been busy. We got back from CA on Jan. 5, and Tessa was still sick. Then she got well and went back to school and I had a slew of doctor appointments for myself, as well as trying to put our home life back in order with regard to cleaning the house and putting food back into the cupboards. Then Matthew got sick. Then I started the herculean task of getting my ebay auctions prepared. Which pretty much brings us up to today.

And so I'm posting, to tell my blog that I still love it, and that I'm sorry for neglecting it in favor of Facebook. I don't want to engage in behavior indicative of the times, reducing my thoughts and feelings and endeavors to three written lines. There's more to me than that.
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com