<$BlogRSDURL$>

Standing on the East Coast, pointed toward California, and clicking my heels three times

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Election Day at the Rat House

If that's not a metaphor, I don't know what is.

Today, Tessa was off from school, as she is every Election Day. She asked, weeks ago, if we could go to Chuck E. Cheese (aka The Rat House) on her day off, since Matthew was in school, and we can only go to CEC when Tessa is off and Matthew is not. I decided to ask her friend along, and it all morphed into a grand excursion with three moms and six girls. That was good, though, because they really had a fun time. I honestly don't mind CEC, but it was nice getting to chat with the other moms instead of watching Tessa play games.

It makes me ponder, and makes me feel quite guilty, that I let her social life languish for so long. If it wasn't for her friend Maya's mom, she wouldn't have much of a social life now either. I'm still more or less incapable of contacting other moms for playdates, so I'm so grateful that her mom has no problem calling me up and asking if Maya can come over to our house on such-and-such a day. She invites Tessa to their house all the time, also, and she was so helpful about having Tessa over several times at the beginning of the school year, when I was feeling really ill. I'm actually starting to have a bit of a social life myself, as I've become friends with some of these moms at school.

So the day was spent enjoying the company of our friends, which kept my mind off worrying about the outcome of this election, and the rats that will soon be infesting the House (and the Senate).
|
free hit counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com